St Andrew’s, Buckland
Buckland, Hertfordshire see MAP
The parish of Buckland with Chipping straddles the A10 and the two villages have a combined population of approximately 300 and about 120 dwellings. The Church is maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust (CCT) and is in very good condition and holds 4 to 5 services a year, with the permission of the Trust. The church is also still used for baptisms, weddings and funerals.
The nave and the chancel are thought to date from around 1348, with the western tower being added c.1400. In around 1480, the south chapel was replaced by the present south aisle and porch.
In 1980, when St. Andrew’s was no longer needed as a parish church, it was vested in what is now the Churches Conservation Trust. Subsequent repairs have been carried out under the direction of the Trust and the chancel has been refurnished with stalls from St Mary’s church, Bedford.