jump to navigation




We can discuss the possibility of a marriage service;  if you wish to be married in one of our churches, one or both of the couple needs to be resident in the parish, on the church’s electoral roll or a regular worshipper here. The rules have recently been relaxed by the Church of England so that couples who can show links to a particular church (e.g. their parents’ wedding took place there  or have lived in the parish during the lifetime of bride/groom) now also have a right to be married there.

There may be a possibility of obtaining a special licence, if there is a particular connection with the parish, and you do not fulfill one of the other requirements, but this cannot be guaranteed.one or more of you has been previously divorced once, but the outcome will depend on individual circumstances.

We also offer a service of thanksgiving following a civil marriage.

For further details please contact The Revd Sarah Richardson, the Curate of Barkway, Barley,Reed and Buckland to make an enquiry.  Her contact details are  sarahruthrichardson@gmail.com  07734 815 929 / 01763 853 016

%d bloggers like this: